On Fri,  4 Oct 1996 20:14:00 GMT, David Jobson wrote:

>DE>Generally it is against our Terms and Conditions of Service for GPs to
>DE>write private prescriptions for NHS patients.
>
>No it isn't. It is against the ToS to charge for said private
>script. Its also against ToS _not_ to give an NHS script,
>even if you know they will make paper dart of same and throw
>it in street.

I stand corrected! In that case, is it OK for me to refuse to issue a
private script in this situation (i.e. for non blacklisted drugs)?  I
really am not keen to start giving them out for some of the reasons
already given:

- The NHS loses out financially
-  I see it as part of the government masterplan to privatise the NHS
- Why I should go to the trouble of checking which is cheaper or
alternatively printing two versions of the script?

Dr David Evans
Cardiff