> I apologise if you consider this a spam, but in the spirit of
> improving communications in the Healthcare community, please have a
> look at: (blah blah blah)...

I looked and I quote:

>"If you do not have an NHSnet connection you will need to apply and
>will have to go through the NHS Code of Connection approval process.

"go through" makes it sound all too easy.  I have an access
agreement and code of connection.  This was 6 months ago.  I still
haven't the foggiest where to go to see ANY content.

And,  do you know how much it will cost me to connect and have mail
access??  I won't tell you 'coz it's shocking and I care for my
fellow colleagues' sensitivity.

Get real man!

I quote again:

>"Service Initial Disc Space Extra Disc Space Standard 5
>Mbytes - £25 registration and £90 rental per quarter For each 5 Mbytes
>£25 set up and £25 rental per quarter"

I have 5 megs web space on a virtual server that cost me 99 quid per
YEAR!  Many of my colleagues have that from their ISP for FREE.

Again,  I must say:  get real.

>"The Standard service will provide a basic but effective presence on
>BT HealthNet Webworld that will meet the needs of most
>organisations."

Well,  I have more than a basic and certainly effective presence on
the Internet that meet my needs at a fraction of the cost of what you
are proposing and without any additional soft and hardware.

Give me ONE good reason why I should change.

>"We will be able to put you in touch with people who can help you
>create HTML content or make your database work with our service."

Gotta laugh at this one.  What people?  How much?  Did you know that
any idiot can create html content?  Where have you been?

Besides,  I do it for FREE!!

My friends:

The world can't wait for NHSNet or BT HealthNet or whatever.
The world,  as sure as hell,  will bypass all this and decide for
itself what is good for itself.  It is people that make things happen
not organisations.

As a clinician and a person,  there is nothing that I want right now
that I can not find on the web or through my colleagues on this
honourable list.

And all for a lousy 7.5 pounds a month.  Now beat that!!

Al-hakim

(who naturally dislikes cartels,  authority,  nations, religions,
clubs, The Association of the Daughters of America,  the WI,
governments, Power Suits,  monoliths,  Argos catalogues,  Asda and
any organisation that believes that its power is not *given* to it
by its customers and users)  There!

Dr Ahmad Risk MBBCh
home:     01273-688121
work:     01737-240022