Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 08:02:43 +1200
From: Dr Jon Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dispensing practitioners

Ahmad Risk wrote:

> Would someone with experience running a dispensing practice please send me
> a brief synopsis on the operation?

Hi Ahmad
If you get a reply can you forward it to me also.
I am also an ex-pharmacist, and there is a twinkle of interest in
extending some of the dispensing practices here with the new "Managed
Care" push (euphemism for staffing cutbacks!!) We have looked mainly at
the possiboility of dispensing simnple (cheap) one off courses of
antibiotics etc. (eg. 1 week of cotrimoxazole should in theory be way
cheaper than the minimum Governmment prescription tax here but most
people pay the full rate - around UKP5 - with the balance going to the
pharmacy.  We would probably leave the rest of the scripts for the
pharmacists across the road...
Regards
Jon Wilcox
Auckland