Keith J Russell wrote:

> Friends,
>
> Anyone know of any good quality decision-support software for the use of
> OOH co-ups? I seem to remember this list mentioning a product from London
> (?King's College Dept of Primary Care) which was under assessment.

You may mean TAS which we have been playing around with in our coop and
are due to go live with in the next few weeks. Its more a structured
questioning of the patient which is appropriate for the role of a triage
nurse, taking a history on the phone, before dealing with a call or
passing on to the doctor. The responses can be printed out. It enables
symtoms to be clarified and documented clearly so there is some medico
legal protection etc. For some serious things, eg. a collapsed patient
you can get a flow chart to tell the person on the other end of the phone
exactly what to do and in what order, but I wouldnt call it decision
support at the moment from what Ive seen of it.

Please email me direct if you want more information.

Bern

Dr Bernard Bedford
Waterside Health Centre
Beaulieu Rd