Did you or they recently purchase a new modem/modem array ?
This is the problem I am having with my current ISP, and only happened
after changing to them. Having said that I must be truthful and say that in
changing I had such problems with conflicting fragments and various Plug
Ins from Netscape that I had to change also to MS Internet Explorer.
But I fail to see how theoretically IE could possibly take control of the
data feed. Surely the data feed is a private thing between "consenting
modems". My previous ISP advised us to go for US Robotics or Motorola, but
the current one says they don't like Robotics at all.
You just can't win these days.
Jon Wilcox
----------
> From: Nick Barrie <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: ISP's and IE3
> Date: Sunday, 27 October 1996 08:51
>
> Dear chaps
> 	Heres a how d'you do. I have been with my ISP now for nearly 3 years,
and
> have recently had major problems with maintaining a connection (I SAID
> CONNECTION), in that I can be in the middle of a download or retrieving
> email and the server just throws me off. Happens many times per session.
Im