I would tend to agree with Mark Joyce.
Would need to know other risk factors (weight, hypertension, and presumably
non-smoker).
She has already tried diet without success, thus if she has a high LDL I'd
certainly put her on a statin as I feel she has a  high risk of a primary
event in next 5 years, though I can't off hand give an EBM percentage. The
risk is probably CVA >> MI, and the outcome for that is potentially worse
with respect to rehabilitation. What about a Carotid doppler ? Nice low
morbidity and useful investigation.
Presumably she is now on ASA, which is probably even more important than
the statin (IMHA) !!
Jon Wilcox
Auckland