> I'm curious to know your feelings regarding open-access echocardiography.
> Should GPs be sending patients for echos ?
> If so, what constitutes a suitable referral clinically ?

My experience of this is that the report you have returned is often
hard to interpret without a cardiologist.  There seem to be very few
reasons when I would want to refer for a simple echo rather than seek
the opinion of a consultant.  I suppose only where I cannot determine
clinically or by XRay / ECG whether the patient has failure or smth
else.

But, reports like "Mild MR, slight LVH" are really of little benefit.
 Particularly when they are barely legible.

Paul

Dr Paul Miller
Bridgeton Health Centre, Glasgow