Iain wrote:

> I take your point. My reply should have read:
>
> Dear Dr Owen,
>
> I'm sorry that my apparent attitude to TATT patients has caused
> offence, which may have resulted from a misinterpretation of the
> 'tongue-in-cheek' nature of the 'Rear View' column. Wibble, blah etc.

Apsley not. You reply should not have been posted, let alone written. The
correct response would be to write another column attacking people who
present with unexplained headaches they have been getting once a year
since childbirth, folk who think they have ME, etc etc until the editor
begs you to stop.

Andrew :)

Dr. Andrew N. Herd MRCGP

General Practitioner & Journalist
Medical Adviser to County Durham Health Commission