In article <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Pearson
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>In message <[log in to unmask]>, John Williams
><[log in to unmask]> writes
>Maybe
>>you need a better Off Line Mail Reader - one that will let you set up
>>lists like GP-UK as newsgroups, threading all of the messages under
>>their subject headings - and for sanity automatically DELETING messages
>>over a certain age.

>John .. I've tried this but I *Never* seem to be able to make it work!
>I've R'd TFM.. but I still don't seem to be able to get the "GP-UK
>Newstand" to filter the GP-UK E-mail from the private.  There was a
>thread on here a while ago which I was following, but I accidentally
>deleted someones elegantly phrased instructions.. (wasn't you was it?)

File|configure|e-mail routeing| then follow instructions to configure
gp-uk mail as news.  The secret is that you have to set up a "custom
rule" as follows:

/[<:]gp-uk-request@mailbase\.ac\.uk>$/f

I haven't the foggiest idea what this means, but it works.  Turnpike
won't really believe you want to set this rule and will offer various
alternatives which it thinks are more probable, but if you stick with
the above you won't go wrong.  Or at least, I haven't :-)
--
Hilary Curtis, Executive Director, BMA Foundation for AIDS
http://www.bmaids.demon.co.uk