In message <[log in to unmask]>, Iain L M Hotchkies
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>beer & wine - no change
>spirits - down (DOWN!!!!!)
>car tax - up
>lorry tax - no change!!!!!!

Well, Ken may be mad but there may be some method in it. For example,
having driven me to drink with the 1990 contract, at least he has the
decency to lower the price so that I can still afford whisky on my
reduced pay.

And another thing (going into smug bastard mode), when my 30 year old DS
21 hits the road again in Spring (following a restoration which I can't
really afford but who cares) I won't have to pay car tax on it!

So that's two things I can thank him for.

>what the f*ck!!!
>Well, I'm sorry, but there may be a zillion reasons for
>voting Tory next time around but I'm damned if I'm going
>to. I'm completely sick of the supercilious, self-congratulatory,
>smarmy toss-pots in the government screwing everybody they
>can and pretending that we're all safe in their hands.

Impeccable logic, except why do you think there might be even one reason
for voting Tory? Apart from the fact that a lot of them are completely
barking (see any statement by a Euro-sceptic), they are worn out and
it's about time there was a change of government, if only for the sake
of preserving the democratic process (and stopping us from descending
even more into an accountant-dominated neo-feudal state of semi-
slavery).
--
Toby Lipman 7, Collingwood Terrace, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne. Tel 0191-
2811060 (home), 0191-2869178 (surgery)