Hi

I thought I might just share this little nugget with you all - I have
been trying for a LONG time to get PGP up and running because in my
various roles it was becoming a little embarrasing to have to admit
that I hadn't managed it..

I set up my keys, integrated them into a public keyring from the
Sowerby unit got my key authenticated by Pete Horsefield and John
Williams and asked them to send me test messages which I have been
unable to read for the past 3 months !!

I kept getting  'error in ascii armour messages' - I tried various
front ends as well as reintalling 2.62 from different sites to no
avail - same error every time. I tried clipboard, saving to a file etc
no different.

MY thanks go to Pete Horsfield who gets the first gp-uk "Gold anorak
and bar" award for spotting the problem.

If you use Pegasusas a mailer it messes up the last line of the PGP
block so that it looks like this :

bNzSQXF27aG0JVoJK19tRWjXYz3THI6nkKUwntJJP0f8l5hx =tb1S -----END PGP MESSAGE-----

It should look like this:

bNzSQXF27aG0JVoJK19tRWjXYz3THI6nkKUwntJJP0f8l5hx
=tb1S
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

I thought PGP was clever enough to ignore CR/NL but obviously not !!
So now I need to find out why Pegasus 2.23 does this and maybe risk an
upgrade to the 32 bit version..... ???

| Dr Mike Bainbridge - [log in to unmask]           |
| Telematics Officer   PHCSG - The British Computer Society |
| Castle Donington, Derby, UK  Fax +44 1332 811503          |