On Sun, 10 Nov 1996 15:05:49 +0000, you wrote:

>Can anyone help me? I'm trying to draw up a flow chart or something
>similar for our reception staff so that they can act consistantly when
>someone phones in with eg. Chest pain or vaginal bleeding. Does anyone
>employ written protocols or know of a source to save me starting from
>scratch? I'd appreciate any advice.

We have a receptionist manual written in Word for Windows 6.0 which we
routinely offer to GP co-ops to help with establishing their
administrative infrastructure.  It runs to 30-odd pages, but doesn't
deal in any depth with medical protocols.   You may be able to pull a
few useful bits out of it.  If you want a copy on diskette please
e-mail [log in to unmask]  There is no charge on the understanding
that recipients don't claim authorship in their own right!  The
diskette also features staff contracts, quality protocol, co-op rules,
budgetary spreadsheets etc if anyone else is interested.

Best wishes,

Lynn Woods (in Scotland this week - back to office Friday)