----------
From: 	[log in to unmask] on behalf of Peter Wiggins
Sent: 	Tuesday, November 05, 1996 10:17 PM
To: 	[log in to unmask]
Subject: 	Re: Vision what Vision

David McEwing wrote:

> One problem with Vamp Vision and indeed all GP software (apart from Meditel
and
> EMIS) is the lack of problem orientated notes structure. With the
development of
> EMR (electronic medical record) this is fundemental and has been left out by
> Vamp Vision! Having used Meditel and PO notes I could not go back.
>
> Vamp may have asked their users for help in developing Vision but they chose
> Vamp Medical over other software packages and I must say that was not a good
> decision.
>
> David McEwing
> Plymouth

I suggest that you have another look at Vision. It can emulate the EMIS
POMR structure quite nicely and can also group problems in many other
ways so that you can view the same dataset from many different
perspectives. Several ex-EMIS users have told me it a considerable
improvement in data presentation.
However most Vamp medical users still continue to use Vision as a flat
database in chronological order because they have not been exposed to the
glories of POMR

Peter

I agee, POMR is part of Vision if user wishes, but Vision scores in the
multiplicity of viewing and handling data. Every partner can operate to
his/her own style. This sophistication can be scarey to the new user and
overwhelm. I personally use a different sieres of screens depending on the
type of consultation I'm running.