With the Chief Medical Officer advocating the maintenance of
"medical excellence" on one hand, and the recruitment and morale
problem on the other, it is hardly surprising that high quality
candidates for practice vacancies are a little thin on the ground.

Two solutions present themselves. Either we improve conditions to
attract the 'right' sort of doctor, or we lower our sights a degree
or two and start promoting 'medical mediocrity'.

(for more unpublishable rubbish, see my webpages)

--
Iain Hotchkies                       ambition: polymath
                                    currently: jack of all trades