At 13:52 29/10/96, Pete Mitchell is rumored to have typed:

> [from e-Med News] Primary care doctors in most European countries use
> the Internet very little, according to a survey performed by Isis
> Research early this year. It is most popular in Britain where 10% of
> GPs have a personal Internet account. Uptake is likely to grow
> rapidly in both the UK and Germany, but in France, Italy and Spain it
> will be much slower because of the low usage of computers in other
> aspects of practice, according to Isis's Peter Winters.
>
> Fifty GPs in each of five countries were sampled for the research.
> One German, three Italian and five British doctors had Internet
> connections _ none of the French or Spanish doctors had. The results
> are partly explained by the existence of GP computers for other
> purposes. About 80% of British and German doctors use computers for
> generating prescriptions, while only 36% of Italian doctors, 20% of
> French and 6% of Spanish doctors do. The survey is being repeated
> this month: contact Mr Winters on (+44) 181 788 8819
> or [log in to unmask]
>
> [ends]

Fifty people in each country, this is a very little sample! We are 120000
liberal doctors, I don't know how much colleagues are working in the
hospitals.
In France, use of Internet among doctors is growing each month. Low usage
of computers (20 % of French doctors) is a reality and often only for
accounting or text writing...

___Patrick Atlas, MD____________tel: +33 03 83 28 60 61__________________
___general practitioner_________e-mail: [log in to unmask]
___35, rue du Grand Verger______e-mail: [log in to unmask]