On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 18:43:47 GMT, you wrote:

>>On the particular point which started this thread, I'm with Ewan on
>>this one. There is nothing more frustrating (from a supplier's point
>>of view) than a customer threatening to go public in an attempt to
>>blackmail the supplier into action, especially when action is already
>>being taken. I'm not saying this is what happened in ths particular
>>case,
>
>I can't let this remark go without comment:

I'm happy to see your response to my post Sam, I will say however that
I clearly said that "I'm not saying this is what happened in this
particular case". You even acknowledge this. My statement was a
general one, borne of my experience working in customer service (for
AAH Meditel in the dim and distant past and many others) and *not*
about your case.

>which had not been forthcoming. There had certainly been no attempt to
>"blackmail" anyone on our behalf and no attempt to go public. I aired

I restate my case. I did not say you attempted to blackmail AAH
Meditel. I was clearly making the point generally. I was (privately)
pro your cause, as you will know, I offered my personal help when your
problem first became a matter of public knowledge.

>I feel that the matter should be laid to rest now.

This is a good idea.

>potential difficulty (that is NOT blackmail) via the BB. We had an

You know my response to the "b" word here.

>proposed and discussed and one is about to be implemeted. Anxiety has
>been replaced by disappointment at the critisism that has been
>directed our way by our suppliers.

I am one of your suppliers of non-clinical software and would like to
make it clear that I *have not* criticised you in any way.

Sam, good luck in the future. We all hope for a quick and effective
solution to your problem.
          Mike Carey :- Doctors' Independent Network
                  http://www.demon.co.uk/DIN
          "The Best Of Healthcare On The Internet!"