At 08:22 AM 10/21/96 +0100, you wrote:
>This is another request for help.
>I've been hearing a lot about the millenium problem, and as far as my GP
>system goes (EMIS) , I'm not worried.
>However, we seem to have a lot of other software - important now and
>probably mission critical by the turn of the century. This includes
>windows 3.11, Sage, Works for Windows, Borland Office, Quicken and
>various travel immunisation, Read code browsers etc, which are not
>dependant on dates - and could be reinstalled (if still in use) without
>too much difficulty.
>I was reading about this in the BJHC - but couldn't quite make out what
>I needed to do, at this stage and at my low level: can anyone advise?
>Always hopeful,
>Mary
>--
>Mary Hawking

There are a few things you can do.

1. If you are using a commercial product, I am sure there will be an upgrade
to handle
   the millenium date field - write or email them for a reply.

2. If you are using a custom-made software - you will have to contact the
author for an upgrade.

3. If 1 & 2 above does not apply, you can do two things.

        3.1 Decide on a new software without the millenium bug and enter the
data manually now.

        3.2 Commission a new software from a software company (with new
features added)
            to redo your software and get them to convert your existing data.

Hope this helps.

DR KEITH KEE
GP & WEBMASTER
SINGAPORE