In message <[log in to unmask]> Tom wrote:

> Hi Ruth
>
> >We feel very angry about this, but powerless to do anything.
>
> It won't be too long before politicians of various hues will be agog to hear
> about everything everybody thinks......

Not that they will do anything about it, of course.

> As a profession we tend to shy away from that arena but it might be necessary
> alas

Quite so. I think it might now be time to announce that I
am standing as a candidate in the forthcoming general
election for the "Ungovernable Cynics Party" [*]

--
Iain Hotchkies                       ambition: polymath
                                    currently: jack of all trades

[*] not really, but this may be the only way of bringing
about any change.