In article <[log in to unmask]>, Iain L M
Hotchkies <[log in to unmask]> writes
>In message <[log in to unmask]> you wrote:
>
>> Do any of the members of GP-UK have any experience in setting up and running
>> nursing homes ? I would be interested to hear from anyone who could give me
>some
>> practical advice.
>
>Hmmm, aren't nursing homes a licence to print money?
>
>I rather doubt that anyone who has worked out how to
>do earn gazillions from the nation's third-agers will
>be willing to divulge the secrets.
>
>But you never know...

I've come to think they are a way of transferring hard-earned money from
thrifty and respectable old people who happen to be ill into the pockets
of entrepeneurs. The system is immoral and, come the revolution, all
privately owned nursing homes should be nationalised without
compensation.

On a lighter note, it's good to be back. I have been cut off for over a
month by various disasters which have befallen my computer during a
simple upgrade (and the people resonsible for that should also be
nationalised without compensation before being tried by a peoples' court
and sent to a gulag).

Toby
--
Dr Toby Lipman