We have a year end of 30th June and the books go off to the accountant within
a couple of weeks. There are rarely any queries other than for a few items,
often less than a couple of hundred UKP out of a turnover of over 500k. Each
year it seems later and later before we get any result. We have been
expecting the draft accounts for a couple of weeks,  to let us see how much
bonus we will get this year.  We pay ourselves a fixed sum per month and a
bonus of around a months earnings to balance up at the end of the year when
the draft accounts are available. Our accountants now say that they can let
us have the draft figures in the middle of October! Some of us are unhappy
with them taking 15 weeks to go through the books.

How quickly do other accountants get draft accounts out for a stable 6
partner practice? How much are you charged (our bill is around 7k UKP). Does
anyone have a level of service agreement with their accountant and how easy
was it to set up?

Trefor Roscoe                      Email; [log in to unmask]
Beighton Health Centre        Tel 0114 - 269 5061
Queens Road, Beighon        Fax 0114 - 269 7186
Sheffield S19 6BJ