At 12:23 3/09/96, Amrit Takhar is rumored to have typed:

> I have a 54 yearold patient who has asked to be screened for cancer as he
>has a
> family history of colon and  lung cancer. He is also concerned about prostate
> cancer. He has no symtoms other than an intermittent dry cough over the past 4
> years (PFR 640, lungs clear) Physical exam normal
>
> What do other GPs do in this situation?
> What screening tests would you offer if any?
> He is happy to pay for any tests if not available on NHS
>
> DR Amrit Takhar
> Cambs UK

In France, we could propose him an Hemocult test then a colonoscopy for the
screening of colon cancer, a lung x-ray for the lung cancer. Anything else?
Biological markers are not available here for the cancer screening.

___Patrick Atlas, MD____________tel: +33 83 28 60 61__________________
___general practitioner_________e-mail: [log in to unmask]
___35, rue du Grand Verger______e-mail: [log in to unmask]
___54000 NANCY, France__________FirstClass SINAPSE: +33 87 31 95 95___