At 13:41 27/08/1996 +0100, Tim W wrote:

>>I can recall signing one some years ago, under extreme duress.
>>This will be the limiting factor for most of us; how much emotional
>>blackmail will we put up, before we give in and sign?
>
>Does this mean if someone puts a gun to your head, you'll sign????

We all give in sometimes to moral/emotional blackmail.
Sometimes we meet with threats of physical violence. Once I was asked to
fill in a wheelchair application form by a cripple who had elbow crutches.
If I didn't sign it he was going to shove them down my throat. Quite likely
as this chap had brain damage following a car accident which had left some
of his behaviour severely disinhibited. He was extremely happy with his
wheelchair and I had great fun (like many other drivers in Wath) overtaking
him on the streets:-)
Unfortunately he was murdered some years ago. The murderer, also one of my
patients at the time, was severely disinhibited because of other reasons.

Dr David J Plews
email: [log in to unmask]