In message <[log in to unmask]> Martin McCarthy writes:

> If someone on this list says something that they later regret saying...
> well...who's to say it was them who *really* said it in the first place?
> (So PGP users might not want to pgp-sign their postings when they're
> saying something of negligable legality [grin]).

I know of a computer company whose MD regularly decides to sue his
clients, and sometimes even his (ex-)employees.  Although this behaviour
has foiled what would have been a very profitable merger, the board of
directors (and the holder of the controlling interest) have not made any
move to get rid of him.  I write of him because, once he has decided to
instigate legal proceedings, he heads all subsequent correspondence with
the disclaimer, "WITHOUT PREJUDICE".  I am told that this disallows any
of the documents from being used in court.

--
Joe Chacko <[log in to unmask]>