John Powell makes the plea...

> I would be extremely grateful if anyone could let me know of PGEA
> approved meetings in South Yorkshire, or the neighbouring regions, ie
> Derbyshire, Notts, etc. I am also very interested in weekend meetings
> virtually anywhere in the UK.

We're putting on a wee conference on Sept 4th.  PGEA.  Edinburgh.  No
cost.  Called 'Information on the internet: what's in it for the NHS?'
Includes guided tour of medical web sites, update on the NHSweb plans,
OMNI, etc.

Apart from informative goal, idea is to get folk to discuss and help
decide direction etc.  Attendees (non techies) will be from hospitals,
GPs etc.

Although the event is for folk up here, if you're keen and able to
pronounce Auchtermurty then we'd deem you an honorary Scot for the day.

(good word, deem.  Best example of usage is the Oxford college who wanted
to appoint a professor who was inseparable from his dog.  But college
rules stated no dogs.  So the faculty met and decided to deem the prof's
dog to be a cat.)

Alan Hyslop
Computing & IT Strategy
Management Executive, NHS in Scotland.