> Am I getting this idea acoss?

 Sorry Dr. Thomas A. Naegele the answer, to me at least, is NO!

Like the previous correspondent (Craig Feied) I have still only the faintest
idea of what you are talking (writing) about. I have read carefully the
documents you were kind enough to send.
You are fortunately in the position of understanding clearly what you are
doing having spent years in thinking, researching and perfecting your idea.
However you fail, like many experts, to realise that I and others have no
idea what you are writing about. Your short-hand expert manner clouds you
excellent thoughts.

"At the ED where I work, I have set up Nursing interview
protocols.  If the patient says keywords or key concepts
then the nurse goes ahead and orders the tests in my protocol
that I have established.  This gives me a jump on time.

The rooms in the ED are commonly all full, and there is only
on ED physician on at a time.  So, to be efficient, I have
layed out my process flow into a data base (called the ED
data base) and use it with the HUB program (which works off
of the any data base that follows the ASCII SPGF file structure)."

How does a highly organised well staffed emergency room with a computer
system dealing on the whole, I assume, with defined accidents and
emergencies with clear end points and protocols compare with smaller time
based vague approximations that constitutes general practice?

Could you step back and think again or discuss the program with an educator
and rework your presentations for us mere mortals.
Otherwise I fear you will be passed over and we will all eventually regret this.
Gerard Flaherty  FRACGP      67 Hopkins Street Moonah Tasmania 7009 AUSTRALIA
(The SAD Island south of  Australia)
email : [log in to unmask]
Fax 61-02-781257