In your message dated Friday 26, July 1996 Sachit Shah wrote :

> So far I have been using IBM's voicetype for windows 1.32 for all =
> charting in the office. Recently IBM has come out with version 3.0
and =
> since using it I think the time for using stenographers is coming to
an =
> end. =20
>
> 1.  Has anybody else had experience with speech recognition
products?
> 2.  Would like to exchange ideas about some specific macros we have
set =
> up with Voicetype?
> 3.  Has anybody realized a financial saving whilst using these
products.

I have not used any speech recognition products, but would be very
interested to know more. Are they easy to use for IT-phobes? I ask
this because the obvious people in our practice to use them would be
some of the partners who are  IT and keyboard challenged and it would
be ironic if an obvious solution to their problem could only be used
by those who least need it.

Toby
-----
| Dr Toby Lipman    EMail [log in to unmask]
                      |
| 7, Collingwood Terrace, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 2JP
  United Kingdom                              Tel: 0191-2811060
                  Mail sent via Demon Internet
-----