At 06:43 PM 7/26/96 -0700, you wrote:

>So far I have been using IBM's voicetype for windows 1.32 for all charting
in the office. Recently IBM has come out with version 3.0 and since using it
I think the time for using stenographers is coming to an end.

>1.  Has anybody else had experience with speech recognition products?
>2.  Would like to exchange ideas about some specific macros we have set up
with Voicetype?
>3.  Has anybody realized a financial saving whilst using these products.
>
>Sachit Shah

I've used VoiceType since its original incarnation under OS/2 for my office
notes.  It has been buggy in my system and requires a great deal of
tolerance.  When working well, its great but it's so variable.  I'm
currently using v3.0--its vastly superior to install and will use any
standard sound card which makes it nicer under win95.

I've saved at least $5-7,000/year in transcription costs but it takes me
longer to voice dictate than use the regular dictophone transcriber so much
of it comes out of my hide.

I'm not ready to recommend it to those who aren't tolerant of bleeding edge
technology.