I have recently been contacted by the organisation 'Blind In
Business', and have agreed to assist them in anyway we can with there
endeavours.   I beleive this is a very useful organisation and will help
many visually impaired students into good quality employment.  At
present they are having difficulty in identifying students who may be
seeking employment therefore we are posting a message from them in
the hope that collegues can assist in some way, thanks Steve.

REF: 148/am

Dear members,

Blind in Business is a Charitable Trust founded in 1992, by three
blind professionals to increase employment opportunities for visually
impaired people.  Our Job Covenent Scheme is aimed at bridging the
gap between potential employers and employees.  By building on the
commitment of an employer to try and employ visually impaired
individuals, Blind In Business helps identify appropriately qualified
candidates for specific job opportunities.  Candidates are then
chosen on merit only and are expected to be employed and assessed in
the same way as sighted peers.

Following a very successful awareness evening at the Lord Mayor's
Residence in London on 23 October 1996, Blind In Business now have a
large number of reputable companies supporting the Scheme, including
BP, BT, Cap Gemini, Herbert Smith, ICL, M&S, PowerGen to name but a
few.  We now URGENTLY need to balance the equation with appropriately
qualified candidates.  We are endeavouring to build an accurate
database of graduates and well-qualified school leavers, to match
with the numerous job opportunities now available.  Time is of the
esssence as closing dates for the 1997 in take at a number of these
organisations is the end of November/December 1996.

Please can I therefore ask for your help, in order not to waste these
very real opportunities for visually impaired graduates.  We need to
ask you to arrange for all Visually impaired people in your area to
either contact us directly ot give their prmission for you to give us
their names, addresses & telephone numbers, as soon as possible.  We
are keen to hear from all graduates, more urgently those who
graduated in 1996 or those who are due to graduate in 1997 but
ultimately from all 1st or 2nd year Visually Impaired students as
well, so that we are better prepared for future years.

We would also appreciate any other ideas you may have on alternative
ways in which we may be able to get in touch with Visually Impaired
people.

Point of Contact: Amanda Morgan, Job Covenent Manager, Blind in
Business, Lintas House, 15-19 New Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1AP.
Tel: 0171 931 5675.  Fax: 0171 931 5637.