I am afraid I have been on hols so this reply may be too late......that is
how I avoided the Chardonay/whisky/gin/rum and blues on 11/09/96, I just
buried my head in the sand...ok so the tan is fading now!!! :>))  The
students and assessments are back!!!

Thank you Ian for the mention!!!!  Inspiration (now available through
Iansyst,  65 pounds plus VAT from Nov'95) is an American program for brain
storming and mind-mapping.  I have been using it with students for over a
year now and find it very helpful.  It can be configured in many ways, works
on Windows 3.1 up to '95 and converts graphical ideas set in mind-map format
into a linear format or vice versa with a simple Ctrl+T command.

Congrats to Sunderland....please tell me all the tricks!!!:>)  We hope to
follow in your footsteps......
>The staff at NERAC are busy putting together an information pack, please
>advise if you would like to be added to our mailing list........Yes please!!!

Snowden award.......Access funds available in most universities can now be
used for specific items and help for certain students.  Do check your
university's ruling, but we have found that we can claim through this fund
if there is a genuine problem...

Insurance...why does this vary according to the LEA? ....East Sussex are
wonderful as they cover the student's equipment!!!  Very necessary in Halls,
Endsleigh (01273 622422) will only insure a student's computer if they have
also insured their personal belongings with the company.  Techno Care
Insurance (0800-590561; three months free insurance!) offer a wide range of
services.  We have insured our daughter's computers under our household
policy for an extra 20 pounds for each computer up to the value of 1000
pounds. (Both at Uni but their computers are not that good!!)  This is
through Llloyds!!!

Fo those who have tried to get through to me at Sussex, I am now the proud
owner of a direct line......I think it will soon work!!!!
Mrs E.A.B.Draffan
www.sussex.ac.uk/Units/ATC/access.htm
Assistive Technology Centre
University of Sussex