Hi Ewan

Mick wrote

>Also, I have a problem with dial in access as no system can ever be 100%
>safe when attached to a telephone line!

>Sorry, if this is not what you expect, but this is a quite common feeling.

I'm afraid Mick is right.  Especially amongst the more paranoid luddite
partners.   They don't know the terms NWN or ISDN but have read lurid tales in
which the words "virus" and "hacker" appear.  They are also aware from articles
in the Sunday Times last year of how paper notes can be spirited from somewhere
unknown and the only thing they have taken from Ross Anderson's paper is the
very real point that people may be comfortable with one person with access to
2000 records but one disgruntled person with access to 55 million ...... well.
(I know that you only have access when directly connected and the modem should
be off at any other times.)  There are also tales of a Chinese American Net guru
being hacked at home last year.

It all means that even someone with the integrity of well established and
reputable providers such as yourselves has an enormous if not insuperable
mountain to climb.   Sorry :,-)

Tom