[log in to unmask] writes (with his spell checker switched off):

> Guess whta will h
>appen in October when the new FP10 forms are to instantly substitute for
>the old ones?

WHAT!!!!  Is this idle speculation, insider knowledge or something I
have missed in the melee.  I presume that any changes to the FP10 (Comp)
have been fully discussed with the Companies and the User Groups and the
GMSC etc, etc.

A friend of a friend has suggested that the original FP10(comp)
dimensions (which are unique for fan-fold paper) were ordered by the NHS
by mistake.  Someone apparently ordered the wrong width , by incorrectly
including or excluding the perforations (I forget which).  The
apochryphal tale then continues with the difficulties the NHS had in
sourcing the paper, paying huge amounts over the odds to get their
unique specification.

I'm sure that is pure malicious speculation, and that the real reason
was to deter forged prescriptions!

Jon Rogers                                    Tel: 44 117 950 7100
Southmead Health Centre                       Fax: 44 117 944 5498
Bristol BS10 6DF   UK                      e-mail: [log in to unmask]