In article <[log in to unmask]>, Dr D J Plews
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Quite a few postings are about the stresses we face and how fed we are at times.
>We all get "depressed" from time to time, and I'm no exception. W
>
>I've been on stress management courses. And if you have then like me you've
>probably found them most unhelpful. H
>
>1) Get a dog if you haven't get one.
>=====================================

Couldn't agree more. Recommend it to all my depressives, so far all have
ignored it and are still depressed. QED.

After a hard day, every day, they always welcome you as a lost friend,
well dinner provider as pack leader. A good walk and a chat (better than
talking to plants, they don't understand me) later and I'm back in the
human race.

If you have big hairy dogs like me (seven at last count) they also
double as space heaters, body warmers and pillows on cold winter
evenings. Also the hair is good for the local bird population and
burglars think twice with all those teeth at the windows!

All in all very useful on all fronts and think of the exercise walking
them to the pup in the evenings "just taking the dog(s) out dear"

Hairy Mutts Best Friend

Peter.

--
Dr.P.S.Fox,                     [log in to unmask]
Consett Medical Centre          Fax: 01207 506077