In a message dated 18/07/96  20:08:30, Guy Watkins writes:

>As we don't need the patient's signature on the TR claims forms, and
>the red book tells me that I can register someone as a TR if I give
>them "treatment", can I register someone as a TR after giving them
>telephone advice and recommended "treatment", but not seeing them face
>to face?

This has major implications for OOH providers, both Co-ops and healthcall et
al. I did a regular advice session weekly for six months,  there was a TR
nearly every session. The GP would get billed for the advice, but unless the
TR came up to the surgery the following day, they were out of pocket. With
the expansion of coops, this will become more of a problem, ( and the same
applies to immediate and necessary for patient outwith their GP area for less
than 24 hours. I think the lurkers should ask the DoH for a ruling.

Trefor Roscoe                      Email; [log in to unmask]
Beighton Health Centre        Tel 0114 - 269 5061
Queens Road, Beighon        Fax 0114 - 269 7186
Sheffield S19 6BJ