> Oh dear!  I hope you didn't rush out and buy one... check this spec out

No I didn't - because as I stated in an earlier posting I'm looking for a the
equivalent of the Sportster Vi modem but also with CLI and TAPI compliance.

My message was simply in response to someone who earlier was requesting details
of a device they had seen but forgotten the details of, and  which sounded like
the Spiderman.

Like you, I think it is overpriced but does have the benefit of not needing to
keep the PC switched on 24 hours a day. My PC does have an energy saving mode
but once asleep cannot be woken up by a a modem (i.e. telephone call). I'm still
in 2 minds about keeping my PC permanently on, especially if the house if
unoccupied, as there is the attendant fire risk. In a thunderstorm a few weeks
ago, many houses in this road lost 1,000's UK pounds of equipment (one house
2,500 plus).

Regards
Alan