As part of my role at NHS CCC I have met with the GPs in Asthma Group (GPIAG)
and the National Asthma Training Centre (NATC). They are keen to explore the
specification of computerised/EPR  templates to facitlitate the structured
recording of 3 types of asthma consultation.

1) New diagnosis
2) Routine follow up
3) Episodic contact

These will mirror current standards for paper notes/guidelines.

They plan to record the specific data items with Read codes.

A few questions:

Are there any standards for this sort of thing around?

Do GP-UK contributors feel that such templates would be beneficial to GPs,
Practice nurses in asthma clinics and patients?

Any individual/group/district  or system specific asthma data capture
templates/protocols for asthma that can be shared out there?

My contacts at GPIAG and NATC are not on E mail yet. I will copy any GP-UK
dialogue with them and am sure that that the GP members are keen to get on-line
soon. Feedback from this forum may speed that up!

Thanks

Rob Hampton
GP and NHS CCC