In article <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Galloway
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>I would say structured data, rather than messaging. No need to send it
>anywhere (necessarily). Most of the time when I use the practice computer I
>am in "view" mode, but there has to be an "extract and sort" capability
>also. For that to occur across a web interface I think you need to consider
>a standard markup.

If you say so then fine! - but you are still not answering the question.
However, at least you have now been asked so cannot later complain that
you had not been consulted.  This thread is about MSE and X400.  The Web
based records have moved to another thread. :=)

There are two questions which are of immediate 'real world' importance

One has to do with X400 and SMTP / MIME and how reliably these (and
associated WANs) currently handle binary messages

The other has to do with whether we approve of the NHSnet being pedalled
as a grand solution for all of our comms needs, or whether we perceive
our needs for clinical EDI messages to be quite separate from our needs
for email and WWW.  The NHS Telecom boards take the former view and
cannot understand why GPs are not flocking in to take up what is being
offered.

If this is of no interest to the list I apologise for taking up
bandwidth and will desist from now on...
--
John Williams
Email: [log in to unmask]