Good afternoon all,

Just a quick query - I am in the process of writing up some work
concerned with the introduction of a surgical assessment unit at a
local hospital. One of the problems highlighted by the work is that
the local GP's  have either been given the wrong information or
confusing information concerning how they should go about
attempting to admit a patient direct to the SAU. My question is:

What would be the best method of  informing the GP's of the
(revised) correct procedure for directly admitting a patient to the
SAU?

Whilst I'm on the subject - any feedback/comments (both +ve and -ve)
from anyone with experience of Surgical Assessment Units would be
much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Nikki
Nicola Ellis (Mrs.)