Ahmad wrote:

>Call for Action:  prepare yourselves and your children for this
>paradigm shift,  whose very early beginnings we are witnessing now.

Admad, I see that Sun Life are also into this prediction business, though I
suspect the motives are rather commercial (scare the life out of people and hope
they will feel more secure after buying a policy!).

The're at http://www.sunlife.co.uk/ and under "Your Needs" they state various
survey stats and make wide predictions (their words) for each of: work,
technology,  relationships & society, and life, health & the environment

Here's an extract of some health bits from the last category:

====================== extract =========================
Some wild predictions

     By 2020 traditional open surgery will have largely disappeared as more and
more operations are made
     unnecessary by drugs or performed using key-hole techniques.
     By 2040 with global warming, countries like the UK may have to deal with
tropical diseases such as malaria
     but we will also be enjoying hot summers and balmy winters. Alternatively,
the UK could be as cold as Siberia
     because some scientists believe that global warming will affect the Gulf
Stream -- the warm Atlantic current that
     for the moment anyway comes up from the tropics and maintains our temperate
climate.
     In 2050 we will need at least twice the number of care home places for our
elderly and euthanasia will be legal
     throughout the developed world.

Whatever happens you can achieve a brighter future with Sun Life

================== end of extract ===============
Elsewhere there's comments on forced sterilisation.

Did they consult a doctor to get these predictions? It's not you, Ahmad is it?
<bg> I see they do admit to getting facts from the Adam Smith Institute :-(

Regards
Alan

Alan Cooper, Managing Change
E-mail: [log in to unmask], Tel & Fax: +44 (0)1264 737609
S-mail: Change House, Shepherds Rise, Vernham Dean, Andover, Hampshire, SP11
0HD, England
Managing Change means "A proactive approach to change"