It is a requirement of the spec. that this field is mandatory. We
challanged this with FHSCU but were told it was a conformance
requirement.

Any IOS software which leaves this optional does not conform. We would
be very happy to change this in the next release if the spec. is
changed.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS WITH THE NHSE, FHSCU, THE GMSC AND NOT YOUR SOFTWARE.

BTW It would not make sense to remove this field. As Mary points out it
is relevant when you wish to claim two night visit fees for the same
patient on the same night. It just needs to be optional like on the
paper form.

In article <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Oates <chris.oate
[log in to unmask]> writes
>Thanks to all those who replied about the mandatory time of night visit
>field. My more political partners do not want to enter time as they
>worry that if it is seen that most night visits are done before midnight
>then the fee structure would change yet again. I am heartened by Grants
>reply that this field should have been removed, but I suspect that our
>software (system5) will not allow us to just leave it empty if my
>reading of the manual is correct. So far my argument is not with the HA,
>but the software, I havn't asked for their opinion just trying to find
>out what others do first.
>
>Thanks again for the replies.

Ewan Davis
[log in to unmask] - Bromsgrove, UK

Managing Director AAH Meditel Ltd - Supplier of EMR Systems.
[log in to unmask] Voice +44 (0)1527 579414 Fax +44 (0)1527
837287