In your message dated Friday 12, July 1996 Jon Rogers wrote :

> Why do a PSA in this circumstance?  The value of a "screening" PSA,
> which this is, is very frugal.  We are contemplating stopping GP access
> to this test unless assessing for disseminated malignancy!

Who is/are "we"?

Not that I would want to interfere or anything, yes PSA is not particularly
specific.

Are "you" going to stop GP access to other tests? Personally I would be very
happy for such things as the antenatal WR to go. How many of these nationwide
have been positive in the last 5 years?

There are lots of tests we do that are of questionable value, but if access is
to be denied I would like to know and have confidence in those who decide.
Dr David J PLews
[log in to unmask] (but not for much longer - going global soon?)