[log in to unmask] writes
>And despite this we are still left unable to simply print all the details
>we already have in the machine onto GMS nn claim forms which are themselves
>wholly unnecessary since the audit trail is maintained electronically as
>are the notes, but must handwrite them as computer generated claims are not
>acceptable, locally.

Are you sure?  I think all FHSAs are obliged to accept computer
generated claims, provided they are printed on the original green GMS4
form.

Printing on such forms is no mean feat, as the form is **NOT EXACTLY**
standard computer stationery, but can be done with patience and a sheet
feeding printer such as a LaserJet or Deskjet.

Experiments with that, and discussions with a number of FHSAs have
suggested that some (?all) would be prepared to accept the claims
printed on ordinary plain paper stationery, perhaps with a green form
stapled to it.

Certainly we intend to submit our GMS4 claims computer printed on either
the green GMS form or better still on plain paper if, as has been
intimated, our FHSA is happy with that.  We have not yet IOS Linked.

What are others doing?

Jon Rogers                                    Tel: 44 117 950 7100
Southmead Health Centre                       Fax: 44 117 944 5498
Bristol BS10 6DF   UK                      e-mail: [log in to unmask]