Hmmm, casting professional considerations to one side for a moment,
I find that my personal views are at odds with those of the original
poster.

To descend, for another moment, into the vernacular, I think that
the woman concerned is quite bonkers. She wants to have her dead
husband's child? Quite mad.

Tis one thing to have a kiddie (or get pregnant) and then have your
hubby die, because you had no control over his death and must then
make the best of the hand dealt.

In her case, he's dead and she willingly wants to have his kid.
Just because the technology exists to do this does not mean it
should be done.

If it was up to me, I'd say no, you can't use his sperm. Then I'd
send her off for psychiatric assessment. After a cooling-off period
of, say, five years, she could then use his sperm is she wanted.

Professionally, I'd be tempted to let her do whatever she wants.