In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] writes
>> We are just moving to Vision
snip
>Our plans are complicated by the fact that we have a fairly busy branch
>surgery to which we are connected via a digital land-line.  VAMP's solution
>to the bottleneck was to have each branch machine echoed by another at the
>main surgery to actually do the work.  We now have a cable operator in the
>area and they offer 2Mb lines for not much more than cost of our current BT
>64K kilostream so I'm hoping we won't have to go for VAMP's "echoing"
>solution, saving the complication of the additional seven machines,
>maintenance costs and potential system failures.  I feel a 2Mb line must be
>able to run a proper network connection but wonder if anyone else has any
>experience.

Our Vision network uses both solutions.  A 64kb/s line to the small
branch surgery which uses the Reachout software for 5 PCs, and a 2Mb/s
cable link (courtesy of the local cable contractor) to approx 20 at the
other main site.  The Reachout solution is probably a bit quicker at
present but we're in process of upgrading our previously installed
network from thin ethernet to UTP5 to see if that helps.
Reliability has been pretty good with both solutions so you pays your
money...(as always)
--
Peter Marshall                                  Phone +44 118 966 9222
                                                Fax   +44 118 935 3174