Steve Brown said

Subject: PROGRAMMABLE KEYBOARDS

When we had dumb terminals the keyboards were programmable so that
various keys could be programmed to put in various text at a stroke,
codes, details of standard instructions, & a message into the internal
mail saying coffee, two biscuits, two paracetamol& no extras!!

now we use pc's as terminal emulators & miss this function. Someone told
me the other day that you can buy programmable keyboards for pc's. Has
anyone used these, are they generally available?

Gateway do a programmable keyboard which works. Also ICETEN terminal emulation
program has a facility of programmable buttons (up to 30) which is great for
data entry in that POMR program (how can anyone work any other way!) Meditel.

David McEwing