In article <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Brown
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>When we had dumb terminals the keyboards were programmable so that
>various keys could be programmed to put in various text at a stroke,
>codes, details of standard instructions, & a message into the internal
>mail saying coffee, two biscuits, two paracetamol& no extras!!
>
>now we use pc's as terminal emulators & miss this function. Someone told
>me the other day that you can buy programmable keyboards for pc's. Has
>anyone used these, are they generally available?
If you use kermit for terminal emulation you can program a couple of the
keys as "macro" keys.  We use Emis and certainly have programmed F11 and
F12 successfully.

I think Procom Plus is even more flexible for programming if you can get
it going.

Ask me if you want more info...
--
Tim Walter
GP and Medical Manager Newdocs Ltd. West Berks.