In article <[log in to unmask]>, Mike North
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Dear All
>
>I've been asked by the Health Authority to sit on a Steering Group 'to
>Determine IM&T in General Practice in North Essex'.
>
>All suggestions as to what I should be seeking would be gratefully
>received and I'll happily post a summary of suggestions if people would
>like to email me rather than clutter up GP-UK.

The NHS IM&T are currently working on producing data handling guidelines
for Primary Care - the first phase is complete and I think the
guidelines are scheduled for nest year.

I am not 100pc convinced of how useful these willl be in practice but
they may help you in constructing and justifying  a _shopping list_.

You could get more info from Tim Jones, Deputy Manager, Data Standards
Programme, NHS Exec HQ, Information Mangaement Centre 0121 625 1992
Fax 0121 625 1999

Jelly Bean