In message <[log in to unmask]>, Alan Hyslop
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>My GP-UK membership pre-dates even Ahmad's resignation in a huff about a
>year ago (shortly followed by a gracious accession to 'come back' pleas
>from his admirers).  Now for the first time Mary Hawking reminds me,
>albeit gently, that I haven't necessarily got the right masonic
>credentials, viz:
>
>> Typical executive remark!
>
>>  PS Alan,previously you've identified yourself - this time you
>> haven't.Is that significant?!:-)))
>
>Oh well.  I'll just have to revert to ensuring that you guys get the
>systems you deserve :-))

The *implication* is that the Executive have a role in the design of
systems.I had the impression that design (and purchase) of systems was
up to the individual practice - and that this caused some problems for
the executive. Could you elaborate ?
I'll put up a couple of points to facilitate discussion - I _think_ (but
I'm not sure!) that we might agree on these - if nothing else.
1.Installing a computer in a general practice is a major decission.There
are issues concerning the "buisiness case"(we didn't call it that - but
thats what it was!) , why we needed it, what we wnted it to do, and how
far we were prepared to suffer the upheaval of a practice computer to
gain the advantages we, as a practice, have identified.
2.Many - maybe most - computerised practices installed their first
computer before the launch of the IM&T Stratagy in 1992.
3. IF the RFA was strictly enforced - i.e. NO reimbursement for
individual practices whose systems did not conform to the latest RFA,
computerisation at the practice level would be stopped.Now. This would
have consequences for the Strategy.

Mary

--
Mary Hawking