In message <[log in to unmask]>, Tim Walter
<[log in to unmask]> writes

>We have been given some money for "education" and wish to purchase
>either some textbooks or their CD ROM equivalents.
>
>I know the question has been asked before but wonder if you might
>suggest whether it is worth it getting CD ROM versions and if so which
>ones.  We are not networked  but have several standalone PC's and run
>Emis.

Tim,
I'm sure , if you have a networked practice ( like you, we don't!) , CD-
ROM versions would be more efficient - easier toa acces the index - and,
as an additional benefit, force use of the mouse finger for
"education"..
If not, CD ROMs might cause partnership problems .. or the demand for
PCs with a CD ROM drive on every partner's ( and every nurses') desk..
and where would you keep the discs? have you done the sums? Would
networking (or a paper library) be less stressful?
Mary

--
Mary Hawking
Kingsbury Court Surgery