In message <[log in to unmask]>, Andrew Herd
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>I'm not certain there is any accurate data anywhere. Taking
>the GP-UK readership as the bottom line, there might be three times that
>number of GPs with an internet connection (allowing for the Compu$erve UK
>medical forum etc), but that is just an educated guess. If the 1200
>figure is correct, then that is <5% of all GPs. Pete Mitchell quotes a
>surveu based on 5 positive replies out of 50 GPs sampled, but I wouldn't
>trust a survey that small to give an accurate result, as it would be very
>prone to bias.  We are, of course, all opinion formers, and in the spirit
>of the new NHS would all give you our views for a suitably large fee.

It took me a long time between *getting* a Demon account and using it ..
and although I always collect my email(because of GP-UK), I don't use it
to explore the WWW very much .. and when I do, I find it hard to get the
answers to my questions (anyone got a good source of information on non-
menopausal osteoporosis? Men? Steroids? secondary to other diseases?
please help!) - my local medical library usually does better!
Are you sure that "having an internet connection" and "using the WWW"
are the same thing?
Mary

--
Mary Hawking