In message <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:
>I read about GP-UK in the Daily Telegraph today.  I work for a healthcare=20
>communications agency, CPR, and we have been trying to discover how=20
>widespread the use of the Internet is in the UK among GPs.  Could you help=20
>at all?  We've had a lot of problems trying to get hold of any relevant=20
>information.

[from e-Med News] Primary care doctors in most European countries use
the Internet very little, according to a survey performed by Isis
Research early this year. It is most popular in Britain where 10% of
GPs have a personal Internet account. Uptake is likely to grow
rapidly in both the UK and Germany, but in France, Italy and Spain it
will be much slower because of the low usage of computers in other
aspects of practice, according to Isis's Peter Winters.

Fifty GPs in each of five countries were sampled for the research.
One German, three Italian and five British doctors had Internet
connections _ none of the French or Spanish doctors had. The results
are partly explained by the existence of GP computers for other
purposes. About 80% of British and German doctors use computers for
generating prescriptions, while only 36% of Italian doctors, 20% of
French and 6% of Spanish doctors do. The survey is being repeated
this month: contact Mr Winters on (+44) 181 788 8819
or [log in to unmask]

[ends]

--
Pete Mitchell, Editor, e-Med News - an international
newsletter on electronic data in medical applications